And we’re off!
We hit the road last weekend, and are now boondocking at the Slabs, in nearly the same spot we were in last year.
The frantic pace of L.A. is behind us and the roaring din of freeways is gone. In fact, the loudest noises we hear at any given time are packs of dogs barking, music playing, and occasionally the “thwap! thwap! thwap! thwap!” of mid-afternoon V-22 Osprey training drills on the adjacent Navy bombing range.
As we drove to the desert, I couldn’t help but be horrified at the cost of diesel, as high as $3.89 a gallon. Just as I started to panic when thinking about the triple-digit fuel-ups we’re in for, I got an email from Flying J, to let me know about their new Frequent Fueler Advantage Program.
As Flying J / Pilot Travel Center’s newest loyalty program, the Frequent Fueler Advantage Program gives members:
- Instant fuel discounts at the pump on diesel, gas, and propane
- $0.03 off diesel (currently available at RV and auto diesel lanes only (coming soon to truck diesel lanes)
- $0.02 off gas
- $0.10 off propane
- $5 off dumping fees
- Members-only offers for anyone who takes time to register their card:
- Unlimited fuel discounts (no max gallons)
- Pump Start*
- Other benefits like the Coffee Club, buy 5 hot beverages and the 6th is on us!
For passengers like me, this means that I don’t have to interrupt my knitting, just to go inside and pay whenever we stop for fuel.
If you already have a Flying J or Pilot loyalty card, like the Driver Payback Card or Frequent Fueler Card, you don’t need a new card, you can keep using them. But just be sure to go online to register your existing card so you can get all of the benefits of the new Frequent Fueler Advantage Program(you can also have the station clerk do it).