Did you ever buy something because it costs less, only to have it break on you in a short time? Did you replace that cheap thing with a more expensive model? We did, and had a disgusting RV sewer hose explosion. We learned the hard way that the “best” Camco RV sewer hose is garbage.
The RV Sewer Hose Explosion is Getting Old
You’re not a real RVer until you’ve endured a disgusting RV sewer hose explosion. If it’s never happened to you, don’t worry: it will. When it does, I hope you’re near a WallyWorld.
We’ve replaced several RV sewer hoses in nine years of full-timing. We boondock more than we hook-up but our sewer hoses still don’t last long. We always buy the mid-priced ones before they fall apart on us.
But last year we had a gruesome RV sewer hose explosion when we least expected it. Late one night, Jim went to dump our tanks. When he pulled the black tank lever, he learned the hard way that our sewer hose had disintegrated since the last time we dumped.
With sludge spilling out everywhere, we both yelled “Oh SHIT!” And off I rushed to the 24-hour WallyWorld while Jim tried to rinse down the mess before neighbors smelled it. I ran to the RV supplies section and looked at the sewer hose selection.
Should I stick with the same Heavy Duty Camco hose we’ve always used?
Unfortunately, less than a year after buying it this hose sprung several leaks! As Jim went to dump it in the trash, a neighbor said “Hey I had that hose too! What a piece of junk!” Apparently this RhinoFlex issue is quite common:
This RhinoFlex is no better than Camco’s other hoses. It just has a couple of different features (the swivel connectors). Otherwise, it’s a piece of junk. Avoid this hose at all costs if you want to escape an embarrassing RV sewer hose explosion.
We scurried to replace our sewer hose that day. WallyWorld only had two choices on the shelf — the same Camco Heavy Duty Hose we’ve always used and the RhinoFlex. You can guess which one we bought.
In the future when we have time on our side, we’ll consider ordering one of these RV sewer hoses from Amazon. If you’ve tried any of them, let us know if you found a good, long-lasting one.
- Comes complete with a time-tested CAM lock connector that ensures a leak-proof connection to the sewer outlet
- Hose is designed with its helical coil on the outside, while the inside is much smoother, preventing waste from getting trapped inside the hose
- UV-protected hose is 5 feet compressed and 18 feet extended and features technology that keeps it extended during use to the exact length required
- Permanently-connected nozzle is molded with an easy-grip handle, an integrated shut-off valve and a clear view port that allows the user to see when waste has completely evacuated
- Nozzle also features a 90 degree discharge port that is easy to fit and secure into any sewage inlet
- Titan Kit includes everything!
- 1 Rugged 15-Foot TPE Hose
- 1 Revolve 5-in-1 Sewer Adapter with Exclusive Handle
- 2 Secure, Versatile End Caps
- Uncrushable, easy to align, ergonomic and secure!
- Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit contains everything you need for the most simple, secure hookup up to 20 feet, including: one Universal Elbow, one Hose Adapter, two Ultimate Sewer Hoses (10 Ft.), one Hose Coupler and four Sewer Seals
- Universal Elbow securely fits most park sewer openings
- Hose Adapter has four bayonet hooks and an “X-ring” seal for a leak-free connection to most waste-valve outlets
- Ultimate Sewer Hoses have Pushover Quick Connectors installed for simple, push-on connections without the need for clamps and can extend up to 20 feet when used with Hose Coupler
- Sewer Seals create a secure, air-tight seal with hoses and fittings, eliminating unwanted odor and drainage
- Includes two 10 feet hoses with rotating fittings plus a 90 degree universal sewer adapter
- Super tough 26 mil TPE material for leak protection
- Spring back crush feature
- UV and puncture resistant
- Stays flexible down to -30 degrees Fahrenheit