Or, like us, do you believe The Road Goes On Forever But The Party Never Ends?
The Ultimate RV Road Trip Playlist
We’ve been compiling our list of favorite trippin’ tunes ever since hitting the road years ago. Every time we heard cool travelin’ lyrics, trucker tunes, or just a good wheel jammin’ song, we’d jot it down. Now we’re sharing them here in this handy widget…
Click the play button at right to preview all songs in the playlist.* Or, scroll down for select recommendations of a few favorites and follow the links to download individual MP3s or full albums.
*Note: Sorry, Amazon MP3 widgets are not supported on mobile devices. 😕
Select Traveling Tune Lyrics and MP3 Downloads
The following are just a few random lyrics from songs and artists that have made us laugh or sing along as we rolled down the road. Reload the page to see more and follow links to download MP3s at Amazon!
Those big wheels of rubber gonna rub her offa my mind
I’m a highway junkie I need that old white line…
Whatever’s gonna be is gonna be baby,
everybody’s got a right to be free baby
I’m living like a hobo and i like it now,
I’m living like a hobo and I like it…
Why work away for wealth
When you can travel for your health?
It’s spring, you hobo, sing,
“Hallelujah, I’m a bum again!”
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
We love our XM SatelliteRadio! Without it, we’d be stuck listening to classic rock, news talk and religious programming in many parts of the country. A few of our favorite stations are listed below—which may indicate our rather varied taste in music.
- Outlaw Country | xm60
- xL Backspin | xm46
- 1st Wave | xm33
- 80s on 8 | xm8
- Ozzy’s Boneyard | xm38
- Underground Garage | xm21
- Margaritaville | xm24
- Grateful Dead | xm23
- NPR Now | xm122
- Chill | xm53
Below are links to some great radio stations we’ve found around the dial and on the web during our travels…
- KHSU 90.5 – Arcata, CA: Humboldt State University’s public radio station. Saturday night’s we’ll often tune in online to Alternative Therapy.
- KNBT 92.1 – New Braunfels, TX: Roots and Branches of Americana, Country, Folk & Blues.
- KRTS 93.5 – Marfa, TX: Public Radio For Far West Texas
- KGHR 91.3 – Tuba City, AZ: As we drove through the Navajo Nation, this station was playing an eclectic mix of traditional Native American music and old cowboy songs.
- KUVO Jazz 89.3 – Denver, CO: All Jazz, all the time. This is one of the few all jazz public radio stations left in the U.S. Awesome music for your various moods, 24/7.
- KUWR 91.9 – Laramie, WY: Wyoming Public Radio that can be received when staying at the Devil’s Tower KOA.
- Radio Mike 96.3 FM – Pirate radio at it’s finest, broadcasting intermittently from Slab City.
- Colorado Experimental Radio – Spreading the eclectic and beautiful sounds of the Colorado experimental electronic music scene. (Tuned in from the Rockies above Steamboat Springs while boondocking at the confluence of the North and Middle Forks of the Elk River.
- GDRadio.Net – An all time favorite for streaming Grateful Dead, all the time.
- Cowboy Cultural Society – KPIG in Freedom, CA streams country classics and old timey music, a staple for our travels through the Southwest, Rocky Mountains and cattle country.
Got Any Favorite Travelin’ Tunes?
Have missed anything? What gets you hummin’ when your wheels start spinnin’?
Leave a comment below with your favorite road trippin’ songs, or provide links to cool local/internet radio stations and we’ll consider adding them to our list.